- Won 23 caucuses and primaries, over 13 million votes and 1,846 pledged and unpledged (super) delegates.
- Raised $222 million almost exclusively through small donations (original goal was ‘only’ $50 million).
- Received 8 million donations from over 2.5 million donors.
- Average donation: $27.
- Average donor’s age: 27 years.
- Never set up a super PAC.
- Enlisted the active support of over 250,000 volunteers.
- Won the most progressive platform in the Democratic Party’s history.
- Reduced the number of superdelegates by 60% from 715 to 250.
- Elected 5 state Democratic Party chairs.
- Helped progressive Democrat Zephyr Teachout win her congressional Democratic primary.
- Forced Debbie Wasserman Schulz to resign as chair of the Democratic National Committee before the Democratic National Convention officially opened.
- Inspired 6,700 people to consider running for local, state, or federal office and 16,000 to volunteer for those grassroots campaign efforts.
Reblogged this on Sunshinebright and commented:
Bernie has left lots of good stuff in his wake.
LikeLiked by 1 person