The good news is that the number of socialists elected to public office has quintupled since 2012.
The bad news is that this quintupling is a jump from one to five:
- Bernie Sanders, independent U.S. Senator from Vermont.
- Pat Noble, Socialist Party USA Red Bank Regional High School board of education member.
- Kshama Sawant, Socialist Alternative Seattle city councilmember.
- Mike Sylvester, Democratic Socialists of America Maine state legislator.
- Julie Ann Nitsch, Democratic Socialists of America Austin, Texas community college trustee.